What Your Manhattan House Needs – Deep Cleaning vs Regular Cleaning
Many Manhattan NYC homeowners think that cleaning is pretty straightforward. However, you need to consider a plethora of factors, and when you know what you need to deal with, a simple sweep won’t do the trick.
Now that hygiene and cleanliness are at the forefront of the new normal, it only makes sense that you pay more attention to how you clean and disinfect your space. Nowadays, it’s hard to know whether your home just needs a regular cleaning session or if your home requires a more meticulous, deep cleaning approach.
Although both types of cleaning are beneficial, one can weigh more than the other in certain situations. That’s why it’s important to work with expert home cleaning services to know exactly what type of cleaning your home needs.
The Basics of Cleaning
Regular Cleaning Basics
Typically, regular cleaning happens weekly, and the main goal is to keep up with basic cleaning tasks, such as organizing and tidying up your spaces, taking out the trash, general dusting and floor cleaning, and some surface cleaning.
When it comes to regular cleaning, you want this done at least once a week since it won’t take long as a solid deep clean. For this reason, this type of cleaning will cost less.
Deep Cleaning Basics
Deep cleaning goes way deeper than regular cleaning as it focuses on getting rid of all the stubborn gunk in your homes, such as dirt, grime, soap scum, and more. Because of this, deep cleaning is a more thorough service and requires more equipment and products for a successful clean.
When you’re deep cleaning your home, you do more than just pick up clutter and wipe different surfaces; you also sanitize and disinfect your home to ensure that your living space is a safe environment.
Generally, deep cleaning takes a few hours to complete and requires more effort as well. Because of the complexities of deep cleaning, we recommend that you work with reputable home cleaning services to ensure that you have a healthier living environment after the clean.
Deep Cleaning and Regular Cleaning in Different Spaces in Your Home
- Regular Cleaning: You’ll only need to wipe and dust notable elements, such as your vanity, shower, mirror, toilet, and floors;
- Deep Cleaning: You’ll want to scrub the grout, disinfect your wastebaskets and toilet, remove scum and limescale, disinfect your knobs, clean the inside of your vanities, and more;
- Regular Cleaning: You’ll want to tidy up your countertops, wipe all surfaces, and clean your floor;
- Deep Cleaning: You’ll want to clean all your appliances (inside and out), conduct an interior range hood and filter cleaning, clean out your cabinets, countertops, and backsplashes, disinfect all surfaces and equipment, and more;
- Regular Cleaning: You’ll want to organize and tidy up your space, mop or vacuum the floors, and wipe down surfaces;
- Deep Cleaning: You’ll want to clean all furniture, wipe fans, light fixtures, deep clean upholstery, sanitize surfaces and waste bins, clean your blinds, scrub walls, and more;
The Bottom Line: When Should I Deep Clean My Home?
Obviously, regular cleaning can provide you instant comfort right away, making your home a liveable space. But to ensure that your home remains a healthier environment, it’s crucial that you get a deep clean session every four to six weeks, after a big event or when someone’s recovering from a sickness.
This way, you can have a clean, sparkly, safe space again. Of course, it’s ideal that you work with expert deep house cleaning services to ensure that every nook and cranny is cleaned and sanitized.
How Can We Help You?
If you’re looking for home cleaning services near Manhattan, NYC, it’s best to check out VepoClean.
We are the most trusted cleaning service in Manhattan, offering fantastic services from housekeeping to apartment cleaning, regular house cleaning, to deep cleaning.
Learn more about how we can help you today!